Leaving footprints on my heart

Hi friends,

Wow!! This post is a long time coming!


I think it's so cool that we live in a digital age, an age where the Internet allows you to connect with and meet people from every corner of the globe, every walk of life, with different careers, dreams, opinions and ethnicities etc. 

The first weekend of September was E to the pic. Why? My friend Brett (who I met on Wordfeud, true story) came to Stockholm with his lovely wife Michele, Michele's mom Carol and their lovely daughter Lana, who fell in love with me might I add ;).

Sadly we only had all of Saturday and all of Sunday together, they arrived Friday afternoon (on the 4th of September) and left Monday morning (September 7th). On Friday evening Brett and Michele came over for a super Swedish dinner prepared by yours truly. We had sill, knäckebröd, köttbullar with potatismos, rårörda lingon and brunsås, as well as Renskav. YUM! For dessert we had coffee with biskvier, I had also bought an assortment of Swedish beers and ciders and my dad had Brett try Snaps, I'm not sure how that went down. HAHA. After dinner my parents went to a late movie and I walked Brett and Michele back to the apartment they were renting (here on söder - conveniently enough). That was an awesome first meeting after skypeing/Facebooking for a couple of years. NUTS!

On the Saturday myself, Brett and family headed to Skansen, it's hard to plan activities with a super active 2-year old running around ;). After a few hours we took the ferry back to Södermalm and all headed home for naps before it was time to meet up again for dinner. After a fail at Gondolen we headed to a local sportsbar and had a great dinner, with beers. Then we all shared a massive ice cream from stikki nikki #foodcoma. Then we headed back to their apartment, put Lana to bed and had more beers and played card games. After a while Brett, Michele and myself headed to Gamla Stan for an authentic Viking Bar experience, with mead and live music. We also stopped by another bar before heading home (before midnight!) to hit the sack!

Sunday we all met up for breakfast/brunch (with my parents). Sadly it rained all day so that kinda sucked. The other two days had been super gorgeous! After brunch we headed back to mine to fix Lana's stroller that was falling apart. Lana wanted my dad to read her and my Teddy stories. It was really cute. Then everyone headed home again. In the evening Brett and myself bought pizzas brought it back to theirs where more beer was consumed and more card games were played. Then it was time to say good bye, and we all hugged. I almost cried because I didn't want them to leave, but I will see you all in Florida soon! Thanks for coming to see me guys!!!!

Dinner at mine <3

Lana with my parents :)


You're the best!!!!
XXX
Gaithri